Sunday, July 6, 2014

Bread Tin

Hi all!!! I'm back again with another Blue Ocean Breeze project from the kitchen.  This color is really working with the kitchen and I'm loving it. Hopefully I'll still love it when Summer is over. This project is doing what I love best, upcycling/repurposing!!!
I took this popcorn tin (after we devored the yummy flavored popcorn of course)
 
And as you probably guessed already gave it a light sanding and then spray painted it my new favorite color.
 
 
Then with my trusty Cricut, cut vinyl letter's to spell "Bread" with the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.
Ta da! Easy! It adds color and helps keep my counter tops from being so cluttered. And now it's obvious where the bread goes should anyone help put groceries away or clean up the kitchen. 
Do you have a bread box? a bread drawer? Where do you store your bread?
 
Thanks for stopping by At Home with Sweet T!
-Tracy



Linking up here: The Dedicated House
My Repurposed Life
Craft-o-maniac

 

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! Love it! Had to come see after your comment on try IG spray paint picture ;) Would love for you to link it up at our party on my blog please :) Hope you have a great day Tracy!
    Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I don't know how many of those tins I've thrown away through the years. I am not a visionary so thanks for the tip! I will now save them and repurpose them from now on! #savingtheearth -Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. So easy and cute! Thanks for linking up to Motivational Monday on thediymommy.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I don't have any popcorn tins but my parents are coffee junkies i'm sure I could steal a few of their leftover tins. Thank you for the great idea! And new follow on IG

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Love the color & the storage idea. My bread just sits on the pantry shelf ... nothing near this fabulous ;)

    ReplyDelete