Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Saving your beach treasures

The countdown is on, 1 week remaining of summer break for my kiddos. Before summer is over I wanted to get our beach finds nicely displayed in our home as a reminder of our wonderful Gulf Shores vacation.


If you follow on Instagram you saw my oldest daughter and I combing the beach one morning, early by her tween standards. 

We found a lot of pretty shells just outside our condo far up from where the waters edge was. I think the rain rinsed these off for us to find because we had walked past here several times but never saw them. 
To save all of our finds I used a glass jar at found at Hobby Lobby (half off), and vinyl from my craft stash and my Cricut. 
Cut out "Gulf Shores 2014" using the Cricut and apply to the cleaned glass jar. 
Then add your shells.
 
Easy but I like that I have something to set on a shelf and decorate with that has meaning and memories connected to it.
 
Thanks for stopping by At Home with Sweet T!!!
-Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment